Tuesday 5 May 2015

Activity 3: Development & Experimentation

Stamps

Here are my initial sketches for each of the movies my stamps are based around. This will get me thinking of which visual I want to develop for my stamp.

Mixed Media Experimentation

Rain Man...
I think my favourite visual for Rain Man is the matchsticks.
In the movie, a box of matches falls on the floor and the lead character, Raymond who has autism, knows instantly how many matches are on the floor.
It is the simplest vector from the movie

Titanic...
My favourite vector from Titanic is the 'Heart of the Ocean' necklace as it is instantly recognisable from the movie and could be easy to recognise on a small scale of the stamp.

Forrest Gump...
There is a lot of famous visuals from Forrest Gump but I would like to go with the bench scene as it shows the main scene from the movie.

The Godfather...
This is a difficult one as I don't want to go too gory as this stamp could be seen by any age of person and I want it to be appropriate for the masses. The vector of the main character (played by Marlon Brando) is probably the most iconic but I like the idea of roses as well (Brando has a closed rose in his jacket)

Here is an initial design using the image of the cat (well known scene in the movie where Marlon Brando's character strokes a cat whilst delivering his famous lines) and the name of the movie is fitted within the shape. I like this a lot but I don't think this concept will work as well for the other movies.



Match Box

I initially sketched some vectors and quotes from the TV series, Breaking Bad, to get thinking of which could work on the match box.

I then experimented with more detail and colour used mixed media. I used water colours, felt tips, acrylic and poster paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment