Wednesday 6 May 2015

Activity 2: Idea Generation

Here is a brainstorm of possible ideas for my stamp designs...

I have decided to go with stamps based on movies that have won an Oscar for Best Picture as I have a big passion and love for movies so it is a subject I can put my own interests into. I have decided to design my stamps first because it requires four designs versus the two for the match box so I would like to get them in the bag and know how much time I have left for the match box.

Here is a mood board for each of the four movies I want to base my stamps on...

I have also displayed a colour scheme and quote for each of the films. The images will help me show the film in an easy to recognise design.


Here is a brainstorm of possible ideas for my match box designs...

Here is a mood board some existing match boxes I like the look of...


I liked the idea of having movie quotes to continue the theme from my stamp designs. Here are some quotes I like...

Typography mood board - this will inspire me to display the quotes in an interesting and mixed media format.



I decided to change my match box theme to "Emmy Winning TV series" because I really wanted to have a Breaking Bad design. Here is some research into the TV series, colour schemes & existing mixed media art outcomes.


The colour scheme is quite varied but I think I will be going down a blue theme (the colour of the Chrystal meth they make in the show)
I love these existing pieces of art - they are so varied and unique. There are a lot of details which may be harder to see at the size of the match box but it is still important to have those features that people can focus on. I really love the use of mixed media as you can build up depth and texture to make your design more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment